Currently, our pastors are doing a series on the 23rd Psalm. One of the assignments given was to rewrite the psalm ‘in your own words.’ People came up with all kinds of versions based on their experiences and how God’s Word spoke to them. I encourage you to give it a try. If you do, I have no doubt you will be blessed.
Here are a few things to consider:
- How has God met your needs?
- How does He provide, protect, and present Himself faithful to you?
- How has He intervened?
- When and where has He made you lie down?
- Have you allowed the Lord to restore your soul?
- Have you chosen Him as your Shepherd? If so, are you following His lead?
Here is my rendition:
I choose Yahweh as the Lord of my life.
He meets all my needs.
Past, present, and future.
He provided a way for my soul to be restored
So that my relationship with Him is intimate and personal.
He gives good guidance that brings Him glory.
When I experience dark, difficult days,
He is right beside me so I need not fear.
I can be at peace because He protects me.
He blesses me beyond measure in unimaginable ways.
He has chosen me.
I will live in His love and in His Presence forever!