Have you ever been treated unjustly? Not received the honor, recognition, tip, or promotion you deserved? Been falsely accused and perhaps even punished for something you didn’t do? Perhaps, you did not receive your fair share in a business deal or promised inheritance.
Injustices in this world abound. Sometimes, the inner child in us wants to stomp and rage, “It’s NOT fair!!” or at least collapse in a puddle of tears.
Hear this word of encouragement today. “God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope secure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised” (Hebrews 6:10-12).
These are the points that jumped out at me:
- God, the One in control of the entire universe, is just.
- God remembers the good we’ve done. Helping others is a gift to God.
- Continue to help others no matter what “reward” we receive . . . or not.
- Stay faithful and be patient.
- Believers, AKA Christ followers, are promised a heavenly reward, an inheritance beyond anything we can imagine, and we will NOT be robbed of it. God promises!